What is language coaching?
It’s more than tutoring or accent reduction training. It’s more than classroom lessons with 20 other people.
Language coaching is a way of helping people learn a language quickly and effectively. I use a structured coaching approach that includes goal setting, active listening and deep questioning to provide the individualized and ongoing support that clients need to improve their English language skills. In the initial session, I help clients develop a clear action plan to work on:
- workplace skills: making requests, asking for clarification, handling customer complaints, phone conversations, sales skills
- soft skills: interacting with others, making a good first impression, socializing
- job search skills: resume and cover letter review, interview preparation
- intercultural communication
- pronunciation and clear speech
- oral and written communication
- reading and listening
- …and much more!
How it works:
- I start each coaching relationship with a free 45 minute initial session to determine your needs and set learning goals. After the initial session, I send you a short summary describing the language goals that we discussed, and a suggested plan for working together.
- Coaching sessions are usually 60 to 90 minutes long.
- Each coaching session focuses on one or more goals as identified in the initial session. I guide clients through the learning process, and build on what clients already know to develop their language and communication mastery.
- I help clients find and create resources and materials to support learning and practice between sessions.
- Clients can schedule sessions on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Clients will identify optional (but strongly encouraged!) practice tasks to work on in between sessions.
Want to know more? Feel free to contact me with your questions.